Friday, November 13, 2015

More torture... Suzuki Model No. 700 Guitar



How do I explain what I've done here? It used to look like this.

But the bridge was lifting. I knocked if off. I sanded it back to flat.

But I didn't have any glue or the proper clamps. The guitar remained string-less, bridge-less and cannibalized (I used the tuning heads on my Di Giorgio). Then I came across a LOOG. A three-string guitar. I saw one at the music store next to the Park Hyatt on Bloor and University (or whatever it's called in Toronto). I was there for the 2015 Hilary Weston Writer's Trust Prize.

When I got back home, I found a door hinge, a broken set of tuning heads. And this is what I screwed together. I know, classy, very artisinal.

It is surprisingly loud in the first few strings - which is an improvement. It was a tad faint before.

It keeps in tune which surprises me because the door hinge tailpiece swings (how appropriate). And the intonation is better than it was originally. Still looks like hell.

No comments: